Ep 018: Creating a Content Strategy with Meera Kothand
One thing that tends to hold people back from successfully building a platform and connecting with potential customers is failing to put out consistent content. That’s why it is so important to have a content strategy and execute that strategy. Admittedly, this is not an area I’ve been perfect at, and I’m excited for today’s guest expert to let us all know where to start when it comes to creating content and how to stay consistent.
Meera Kothand is a certified email marketing specialist and the author of the Amazon Best Seller The One Hour Content Plan, which teaches you how to create a year’s worth of content ideas in just one hour. She also simplifies marketing for solopreneurs and small business owners on her blog, which has been featured on Smart Blogger, MarketingProfs, Addicted2Success, and several other sites. Meera joins us today to share her expert tips for creating and executing a content strategy, as well as common pitfalls among entrepreneurs and how to avoid them.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- What a content strategy is—and why it’s crucial for marketing.
- Tips for coming up with content ideas.
- Where Meera says marketers tend to go wrong.
- Why you need a variety of different content pieces.
- The incorrect assumption that holds entrepreneurs back.
- Advice for figuring out how often to put out content.
- How far in advance you should have your content mapped out.
- Meera’s biggest piece of advice for entrepreneurs.
- How to avoid putting out content that is too similar to someone else’s.
- Meera Kothand: Website | Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- The One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur’s Guide to a Year’s Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content That Hooks and Sells by Meera Kothand
- CREATE Blog and Editorial Planner: Create Exceptional Content, Get More Done and Smash Through Your Blogging Goals by Meera Kothand
- Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Marketing Less by Joe Pulizzi
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More by
- The Legal Secrets for Online Entrepreneurs Facebook Group