Ep 024: Content Marketing, Infotainment and Bacon with Brian Basilico
Content marketing is constantly changing and evolving which makes it a difficult but exciting area to be involved in. Brian Basilico has been in the business for a while and joins us today to share his expertise on content marketing and sales. From his Marketing Trifecta to the concept of infotainment, he shows us how to shift your thinking and solve problems in a creative and fun way.
Brian does a great job of breaking down content marketing and what you should be paying attention to in order to get more traffic and business. He emphasizes the importance of knowing how to understand and use google analytics to help you understand and serve your customers better. Brian also helps us get past the blocks that make it difficult to put out content regularly and why you should create assets rather than just content.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Brian’s voice over career and how he got into content marketing.
- Brian’s definition of content marketing or “infotainment”.
- Breaking down Brian’s marketing trifecta and how to use it.
- Why it’s important to shift your thinking when writing your website.
- Why your website is never done and should be updated regularly.
- How to use google analytics.
- How to create content on a regular basis.
- Knowing your strengths and setting up a system that will help you keep going.
- How to address distraction and what to focus on.