Ep 028: Key Lessons Learned From My Recent Launch with Bobby Klinck
This episode is going to be completely different from any I’ve done in the past. Instead of having a guest today, I’m going to give you an autopsy of the Online Genius Membership Site launch I went through earlier this month. While I had some good results, I also made a lot of mistakes, and I think you can learn some valuable lessons from my experience.
So I’m going to share it all and give you a complete behind-the-scenes view of what doing a launch is really like. Listen in to hear the whole story, from what led me to launch the way I did and the mistakes I made, to the things I did well and key takeaways that will help anyone who plans to do a launch in the future.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- The traditional marketing wisdom I initially resisted—and how it hurt me.
- Why I decided to launch a membership site instead of an online course.
- How I figured out my pricing.
- The advantages of membership sites.
- What happened when I tried (and failed) to launch an online course last fall.
- How I set myself apart from other lawyers with similar offerings.
- Why I decided to run a second webinar during my launch—and the serious difficulties I ran into while running it.
- How I spent my marketing budget and what my ROI was.
- Advice for running retargeting ads for your webinar.
- What you need to have if you’re going to launch an online course, program, membership site, or anything online where you have a one-to-many model to deliver online.
- The major things that should be in your online program agreement.
- My key takeaways from this launch experience.