Ep 029: Generating Leads To Build Your Business with Tom Poland
Today I’m excited to talk about something that I know a lot of entrepreneurs struggle with: generating leads. We all know how important it is, yet so many of us are going in blind—or don’t really know where to start. So today I have Tom Poland, entrepreneur and bestselling author of LEADSOLOGY®: THE SCIENCE OF BEING IN DEMAND, on the show to share his expertise and valuable advice on the subject.
Tom started his first business at age 24 and has gone on to start and sell four others, taking two of them international. He’s also shared international speaking platforms with the likes of Michael Gerber of E-Myth, Richard Koch of The 80/20 Principle, and many others. Now Tom’s focus is on helping coaches, advisors, consultants, and other online entrepreneurs generate a weekly flow of highly qualified inbound new client inquiries, and he joins this episode to discuss his methods for doing just that.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- The mental shift entrepreneurs need to make with marketing.
- What crucial part of marketing too many people skip over.
- How putting tactics before strategy hurts entrepreneurs.
- Strategic things that need to be figured out before you take your first step with marketing.
- How Tom handles drawing the line between giving away information and charging for it.
- Where to get started with generating leads.
- Things people can do to differentiate themselves in the market.
- Tom’s four-step process for figuring out what your ideal clients need to see or hear in order to build trust.
- FTC rules marketers need to understand.
- Where to find a free video training series for improving your lead generation in five days.