Ep 033: Your Legal Checklist with Bobby Klinck
Today, I’m going to do things a little differently. Instead of having a special guest expert on the podcast, this episode will begin a series of shows where I’ll be addressing the legal issues that online entrepreneurs face. Now, I know I can’t teach you everything about the law, but I also know I can’t give you great lessons if I’m only doing my usual five-minute legal lessons at the end of other shows. So these next few episodes will give you more in-depth looks at the things you need to know to protect yourself legally.
To kick things off, I’m giving you a roadmap of sorts that covers the six major legal issues I see online entrepreneurs struggle with in their businesses. Think of this episode as a checklist of the big picture issues that, in my view, every single online entrepreneur needs to be aware of and take action on to ensure they’ve got themselves—and their businesses—covered.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- One of the biggest obstacles online entrepreneurs face when it comes to dealing with their legal stuff.
- The advantages of setting up a corporate entity for your business.
- What you need to know about trademark law.
- Why you should always get your agreements in writing.
- The big mistake a lot of entrepreneurs make with confidentiality.
- How to stay out of legal hot water.
- What you need to do if you have guests coming into your platform.
- Three core legal policies that every online entrepreneur’s website has to have.
- How to stay compliant when doing email marketing.
- Common misconceptions that get online entrepreneurs into legal trouble.