Ep 036: Written Agreements with Bobby Klinck
Today, Bobby is going to talk about a subject that is near and dear to his heart – written contracts. He shares his personal stories where written contracts either ruined or saved relationships and partnerships. He gives us some great insight into what he learned from those situations and why it’s so important to have everything important about your business (and life) in writing.
Bobby points out where most people leave gaps in their agreements and create confusion and problems down the road. In order to avoid this, he teaches a basic mantra and a few simple guidelines for laying out and planning a thorough agreement that protects everyone involved. From ensuring agreement up front to solving disputes and resolving memory issues later on, written agreements are extremely important and need to be thought through in order to be effective.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Something most people miss out on that keeps them from getting into common disputes and issues.
- How not having a written agreement destroyed a friendship and business for me.
- A mantra you NEED to adopt in order to keep your business covered.
- Why written agreements are so important – when you need them and when you don’t.
- The clauses to add to the agreement to avoid confusion.
- What the agreements are that you need to be in place.
- How a written agreement saved a relationship and helped me avoid conflict.
- Who you need to have agreements with and the various things to put in the contract.