Ep 106: Get It In Writing
Today we’re going back to my roots and covering a foundational issue that relates to the legal side of business that everybody needs to understand and implement. I’m talking about the importance of getting things in writing. This is a crucial piece of doing business that too many entrepreneurs overlook, so I’m going to break down what you need to do to ensure your business and relationships are taken care of.
Listen in as I share the most important situations where you need to make sure you’re covered by written agreements, as well as the problems that can arise when you don’t have these agreements in place. You’ll learn a simple rule for figuring out what you need to have in writing, what you should put in your agreements, and more.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Why you need to have everything in writing.
- Common issues caused by not putting agreements in writing.
- Misconceptions around written agreements.
- A simple rule for which agreements should be in writing.
- When it’s most important to get written agreements made.
- An overview of what should be in an agreement.