EP 180: Understanding Your Gallup Strengths
Today I’m talking with Anna Nelson, a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach. She shares why you should build a business based on what you’re good at doing and how the Clifton Strengths Assessment can help you discover and make the most of your strengths.
The problem with personality assessments is that people tend to take them and not do anything with the results. Anna explains that the results from the Clifton Strengths Assessment show you what’s unique about you and what sets you apart from others.
When you understand your unique strengths, you find freedom to pursue what you’re good at doing. Instead of feeling guilty for your weaknesses, you can lean on your strengths instead of trying to do what everyone else is doing.
It’s also important to realize that when you’re working on your strengths, you often don’t recognize what you’re good at doing. You just do it and assume that everyone else can easily do it. That means you also tend to discount your strengths because they come easily.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- What the Clifton Strengths Assessment is and how to use it to build your business
- The four domains of the assessment and how they fit into your business
- Why you don’t need to spend a lot of time trying to grow in your areas of weakness
- How you can flip the script to consider building a business based on your strengths
- Why you often don’t recognize what you’re good at doing
- How knowing your strengths can help you with team building and working with others