EP 182: It’s Not Your Lead Magnet… It’s The Messaging!
If you’re struggling in your business, it’s probably not what you think. I was inspired to do this episode because of a post in a FB group where someone was talking about needing to change her lead magnet because it wasn’t getting attention. When I saw this, I knew the problem wasn’t the lead magnet but her messaging.
The first thing you have to do is get people’s attention. If you can’t get attention, it doesn’t matter how great your freebie or product is. If enough people aren’t seeing it, you can really know what the problem is.
But how do you get attention? Not by being just like everyone else. The problem is that most entrepreneurs are not giving anyone a reason to pay attention to them. If you’re in a crowded space, then you need to set yourself apart from the crowd. Why should they listen to YOU? Until you have a good answer to that question, you’re going to struggle.
“How to” content is cheap and available all over. How do you make them want to get the information from YOU? How do you get more eyeballs on your freebie? You have to do the deep work of figuring out your messaging. You need to stand for something, and your solution needs to have a unique angle.
When your message resonates with your people, that’s when you can figure out your content and create products that will serve their needs. But to get there, you have to do the hard work to figure out your message. You need a viewpoint.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- The structure of figuring out your messaging.
- Why you need to identify the conventional teaching in your area that you disagree with.
- What is the outcome of people following the conventional wisdom?
- Why you need to understand what your people are experiencing and how that enables you to speak into the situation.
- The value of showing your people why the conventional wisdom doesn’t work.
- Why “how to” content isn’t going to bring the right people to you.
- Why developing your message is a process and takes time.
- Why it’s time to start being a “heretic” in your niche.