EP 200: 5 Lessons From My Business Journey
Today we’re marking episode 200! To celebrate this accomplishment, I’m sharing 5 lessons I’ve learned on my entrepreneurial journey. Each time I reflect on what I’ve learned, I realize that while some lessons stay the same, more often than not, they change as I grow.
Recently my entrepreneurial journey has been coming full circle. I’ve found myself revisiting things I learned a long time ago. One of the things I’ve revisited is Hubspot’s inbound marketing program, which was training that I applied in my law firm back in the day.
As I moved into the online space, I became the legal guy. Now I’m also the email and marketing guy. But this inbound marketing emphasis has also become more important as I’ve begun sharing my beliefs about being a serve-first entrepreneur. Be sure to list in as I share how this all fits together.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Why your training is never done.
- Why information and training are important, but action is what matters.
- Why you need to simultaneously be thinking about the short term and the long term in your business.
- Why you need to be thinking in terms of overall strategy rather than tactics.
- Why you need to focus on inbound marketing in the online information space.