EP 202: The Ethical Way—An Introduction
We’re starting a new series today. This one is all about ethical marketing and seeks to start a discussion around the question of what ethical marketing looks like in a space where the product is a transformation instead of a physical product.
We’ll dive into the ethical framework that I’ll be using for this series. To be clear, this isn’t just me telling you what the ethical way is. I want to start a conversation and talk about these things because not enough people are doing this.
My purpose isn’t to make you feel bad about yourself or moralize. My point is to help you think about these issues so you have your north star in your business.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Why ethics in marketing is an issue no matter what you’re selling
- Why we need to have this discussion
- Why it might be time to reframe some of the ways we market our products
- What makes the online information space different from physical products
- What our responsibility is in sharing what it’s going to take to get results
- What our obligations are regarding our promise and sharing case studies and testimonials
- Why ethics shouldn’t be scary and what it’s really about
- What kinds of questions we need to ask ourselves about what we promote
- What the code of ethics for professional marketers includes