EP 222: Legal Stuff For Membership Sites
Online membership sites are a great way to create regular, recurring revenue in your business. But like every other kind of online business, you still gotta deal with the legal stuff.
Today we’re wrapping up our series on legal stuff for different kinds of online businesses and focusing on membership sites. We’ll cover the different agreements you need to have in place, what should be in them, and why getting your agreements in writing is critical.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Online business legal basics (check out Episode 219 to get details on trademark searches, copyright infringement, and IP transfer)
- The value of getting your agreements in writing
- The differences between a membership agreement and a course agreement
- What you need to include in your membership agreement
- Fees (pros and cons of monthly vs. annual)
- Payment plan authorization
- Cancelation policy
- Refund policy
- What they get
- Intellectual property and privacy
- Dispute resolution
- Other agreements you might need