EP 237: Digital Marketing Is Just Marketing Using Digital Channels
On Thursdays, we’re going to start a new series where we break down some of the foundational concepts of marketing. To kick things off, today we’re answering the question, what is digital marketing? We’ll break down a few misconceptions about digital marketing and look at what it really is.
It’s important for online marketers to know about traditional marketing because we’re doing the same thing but online. Instead of newspapers, billboards, and television, we use digital channels like email, social media, and blogs.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Digital marketing is marketing using digital channels
- What is different about digital marketing?
- The ability to communicate at scale in a customized way
- Digital marketing allows you to tailor your messaging
- The focus is still on sending the right message to the right person at the right time
- You should understand and leverage the strengths of your particular communication channel