EP 273: What Is Awareness Content?
In this episode, we’re talking about the topic of awareness content and why it matters for your online business. Awareness content, or awareness level content, is content tailored to your audience based on their current level of understanding of an issue.
When you’re creating awareness content, you need to be thinking in terms of the basic questions your audience is searching for and create content around this. This means you need to have a deep understanding of your audience’s struggle. You can do this by finding where they hang out online and listening in or getting on a call with them.
Often marketers create content that is too far removed from their audience’s current level of awareness. For example, educating your audience about emotional eating won’t resonate if they don’t understand that emotional eating is the reason they can’t lose weight.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Why awareness content is designed to get attention
- Why you need to tailor your content to address the issues and questions that your ideal customers are asking
- Why you need to think about what your audience might type into Google
- Why this “What Is Marketing” series is all about awareness content
- Why you have to do the work to understand the questions your audience has
- Why you need to create content that addresses people at various levels of awareness
- Why awareness content will hook people and draw them into your world
- Why we tend to create content that is more advanced than where our potential audience is
- Episode 271: What Is Your Audience’s Level of Awareness
- Tired of buying overpriced online training programs that don’t live up to their hype? We thought so. That’s why we created our 100% FREE program, BADA$$ Online Marketing University. BOMU will teach you what you need to know to build and market your online business. Get started today!
- The ups and downs of online business can be overwhelming when you’re doing it alone. In my FREE Community, BADA$$ Online Marketers, you can meet biz-minded friends, ask your questions, and get support. Come join the fun!