Ep 048: Your Startup Agreement Toolbox with Bobby Klinck
If you’ve listened to me at any point, you’ve probably heard me talk about the power of written agreements. I am a true believer that they are the most powerful tool you have when it comes to protecting yourself and your business, so today I’m going to share with you the four key policies and agreements you need to have in place when you’re first starting out.
Now, of course there are going to be more that you’ll need as you grow your business, but what I’m talking about in this episode are the core set that I would call your startup agreement toolbox. Listen in to hear the key policies you have to have on your website, how to ensure your confidential information stays confidential, and so much more.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Why you should always have written agreements in place.
- Three legal policies you need on your website.
- How customer agreements protect you and your customers.
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid of putting legalese in your contracts.
- The different kinds of customer agreements.
- How to protect yourself from a common issue that comes up with recurring payments.
- What you need to address in your agreements with anyone who works for you.
- Things to keep in mind when considering a partner or joint venture.
- What to make sure is addressed in any independent contractor agreement.
- How to prevent people from taking your confidential information and using it to compete against you.