Ep 051: Building Your Team with Bobby Klinck
As entrepreneurs, it can be tempting to try doing everything ourselves, but the truth is that this is not only hard to sustain, but it also just doesn’t make good business sense. We have to think about where we’re spending our time and make sure that we’re doing only the most valuable work we can. So today, I’m going to be talking about something we all need to think about as our businesses grow: building our teams.
In this episode, I go through the key people you should think about adding to your team, as well as the tasks they can help with to save you time. Listen in to hear the four main reasons entrepreneurs tend to avoid hiring help, why you need to overcome these hang-ups, and the legal considerations to keep in mind when adding to your team.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- The problem with trying to do it all yourself.
- Four excuses we give ourselves to avoid hiring help.
- Why it’s more expensive not to hire someone.
- The truth about “passive” income.
- Why it’s a good thing if the people we hire aren’t as passionate about our businesses as we are.
- The core people you should be adding to your team.
- What a virtual assistant can do to help you save time.
- The unexpected benefits of hiring a virtual assistant.
- A painful lesson I learned about the importance of having a web designer.
- Why every entrepreneur needs an accountant.
- One of the biggest mistakes you can make when hiring people.
- The three agreements you need to have in place with all your contractors and employees.