EP 053: Using Video to Promote Your Business with Jason Hsiao
Today we’re going to be talking about a powerful opportunity that entrepreneurs and small business owners tend to miss out on: using videos as part of your content strategy. I’m not just talking about posting a Facebook Live video here and there; I’m talking about being strategic and using professional-looking video to market your business. And my guest today is here to explain how to do it easily, and without spending a ton of money.
Jason Hsiao is the co-founder and Chief Video Officer of Animoto, an award-winning online video maker that makes it easy for anyone to create professional-quality marketing videos, even if they have no technical skills and have never created a video before. He joins this episode to share his advice on how to get started creating videos, tips for using them in your marketing, and why every entrepreneur should be taking advantage of this marketing tool.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Why video is such a huge opportunity for small businesses right now.
- A common misconception that holds people back from using video marketing.
- The ideal length for a video on social media.
- How to decide how often to put out video content.
- A common mistake people make when creating videos.
- Why your videos don’t have to be perfect.
- Where to start when figuring out your storyboard.
- Videos to include on your website.
- Strategy tips for small businesses.
- Legal considerations for using videos online.
- Advice for getting started making your own videos.