Ep 059: My Year Reading Business Books with Bobby Klinck
Happy New Year! As we begin 2019, I want to do something kind of special on the podcast. Today, I’m going to share with you the key lessons I learned in trying to reach my goal of reading 52 marketing, business, and personal development books last year.
Now, I didn’t reach my goal (I ended up getting through about 35 books), but I gained valuable insights from my reading that I’m going to discuss in this episode. Listen in to hear why it’s so important for entrepreneurs to maintain a giving mindset, how to find your “one thing” in order to use your time more efficiently, and more.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- The four most valuable insights I got from the books I read in 2018.
- Which book I believe every entrepreneur should read.
- Why it’s important to have the goal of service.
- How to break down your ‘why.’
- Why entrepreneurs should narrow their focus.
- The basic concept many of the books I read share.
- Why I often go back and re-read books.
- What a keystone habit is and why you need to find yours.
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us by Seth Godin
- How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often by Ray Edwards
- Launch: An Internet Millionaire’s Secret Formula To Sell Almost Anything Online, Build A Business You Love, And Live The Life Of Your Dreams by Jeff Walker
- Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Creating a Mass Movement of People Who Will Pay for Your Advice by Russell Brunson
- DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online by Russell Brunson
- The Go-Giver, Expanded Edition: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg and John David Mann
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
- Clockwork: Design Your Business to Run Itself by Mike Michalowicz
- Bobby’s List of Books
- Marie Forleo’s B-School
- The Online Genius Community