Ep 061: Websites That Convert with Sami Bedell-Mulhern
I’m just wrapping up a website redesign, so I decided to have the genius behind it all come on the show to share her website-savvy wisdom. When it comes to building a site (or redesigning one), Sami Bedell-Mulhern knows how to tackle the task from the right perspective. She’s here today to give us tips on targeting, technology, and making sales, as well as the important questions we need to ask ourselves along the way.
Though this task may seem overwhelming at first, Sami shows us that it’s possible to take it on in a way that is purposeful and simple. She emphasizes the importance of not getting distracted by details that don’t matter and how to avoid “shiny object syndrome” so you can get your site up and running. Along with her insightful advice, Sami offers some great free resources and tools that will help you get started creating a website that converts.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Four things to do before building a website.
- The website building tool Sami recommends.
- Which builder theme she uses and why.
- The different purposes websites can serve.
- What your website should be based on.
- What you don’t need your website to do.
- Why the language you use on your site is extremely important.
- How to use market research and analytics to reinforce your effectiveness.
- What to do with your website while working on your pages.
- How to decide what you should do and what to hire someone else to do.