Ep 081: All You Need Is 1,000 True Fans with Bobby Klinck
Today we are talking about something I believe has been the key to my success: the concept of 1,000 true fans. Originally proposed in 2008 by Kevin Kelly, one of the founding editors of Wired magazine, this concept makes success seem less daunting by suggesting that you only need thousands of fans, not millions. In this episode, I break down why this concept works and how to use it in your business.
I am a firm believer that finding, attracting, and cultivating your 1,000 true fans is the most important work you need to be doing. Listen in to learn the power of true fans and how they will help your business grow, as well as the importance of you—not your VA or your employees—making real connections with your followers.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Why you don’t need millions of fans.
- What a true fan really is.
- The power your true fans hold.
- Why your true fans are your marketing arm and defenders.
- The importance of gaining true fans—not just followers.
- Why you don’t need to address the haters.
- How to cultivate your true fans.